- 1 Best Massage Cushion Reviews (Updated List)
- 1.1 1. NEW Casada QUATTROMED III with JADE stone and Heating
- 1.2 2. Zyllion ZMA14 Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager Cushion
- 1.3 3. Nursal Back Massager Shiatsu Massage Seat Cushion
- 1.4 4. Gideon Luxury Six-Program Customizable Massaging Cushion
- 1.5 5. Gideon Shiatsu 3D Deep Kneading Full Back Massage Pillow
- 1.6 6. Gideon Shiatsu Deep Kneading Massage Pillow
- 1.7 7. Make Lemonade Shiatsu Vibration Rolling Massaging Cushion
- 1.8 8. Tenker Back and Neck Massaging Cushion
- 1.9 9. FITFIRST Neck Back and Shoulders Massage Seat Cushion
- 1.10 10. Naipo Back Massager Shiatsu Massage Cushion
- 2 Guide for Buying A Massage Cushion
- 3 What Each Type Of Massage Cushion Offers
- 3.1 Vibratory Massage Cushions
- 3.2 Shiatsu Massage Cushions
- 3.3 Heated Massage Cushions
- 3.4 Rolling Massage Cushions
- 3.5 Kneading Massage Cushions
- 4 Health Benefits of A Massage Cushion
- 5 Massage Cushion For Treatment Of Health Conditions
- 6 Benefits Of Having A Massage Cushion
- 7 Tips On Using Massage Cushions
- 8 Best Massage Cushion Comparison Chart
- 9 Wrap Up
Massage cushions and chair pads offer a great way to relax after spending a day at work. Not only will these units relieve the tension in your muscles, but they will also stimulate your blood circulation.
But did you know that massage cushions can help with spondylosis and arthritis?
Finding the best massage cushion might be difficult if you don’t know what to look for. That’s why we decided to prepare the following massage cushion reviews and a comprehensive buying guide to help you find the right model.
We also prepared top rated massage chair pad reviews to help you find the best model for home or office use. Chair pads can offer your back and neck muscles the necessary relief.
NEW Casada QUATTROMED III with JADE stone and Heating
|View On Amazon|
Zyllion ZMA14 Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager Cushion
|View On Amazon|
Nursal Back Massager Shiatsu Massage Seat Cushion
|View On Amazon|
Gideon Luxury Six-Program Customizable Massaging Cushion
|View On Amazon|
Gideon Shiatsu 3D Deep Kneading Full Back Massage Pillow
|View On Amazon|
Gideon Shiatsu Deep Kneading Massage Pillow
|View On Amazon|
Make Lemonade Shiatsu Vibration Rolling Massaging Cushion
|View On Amazon|
Tenker Back and Neck Massaging Cushion
|View On Amazon|
Best Massage Cushion Reviews (Updated List)
1. NEW Casada QUATTROMED III with JADE stone and HeatingThe Casada Quattromed III has a very nice-looking design and it’s comfortable to sit on when it’s not in use. The massage chair pad comes with a DC car adapter, so you can use it in cars, trucks, and RVs.
A good thing about the Quattromed III is that it uses two massage techniques to relieve the pain in your muscles. The massage’s intensity can be adjusted, and the heating function works wonderfully.
Overall, this is one of the best massage cushions available on the market today.
Read more: NEW Casada QUATTROMED III Massage Cushion
2. Zyllion ZMA14 Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager CushionThe Zyllion ZMA14 has a slim design that will allow you to install it on a sofa or an office chair. This model has massage nodes that will travel up and down your neck and back, producing a comfortable massage.
One of the advantages of using this unit is that it comes with a 1-year replacement warranty, so you will receive a new unit without any problems if the one you own is defective.
The Zyllion offers a good deep-tissue massage, and using it will make you feel more relaxed. This is a very good massage cushion.
Read more: Zyllion ZMA14 Massager Cushion
3. Nursal Back Massager Shiatsu Massage Seat CushionOne of the great things about the Nursal massage cushion is that it uses 4 massage nodes to work on your neck and 4 to work on your back. The seat cushion doesn’t have any massage nodes, but it will use a vibration feature to work the muscles in your lower back and buttocks.
The Nursal massage cushion comes at a decent price, but it has the features and functions to go toe to toe with more expensive units. This model will provide a great massage experience, and it has a really good value.
Read more: NURSAL Massage Seat Cushion
4. Gideon Luxury Six-Program Customizable Massaging CushionThe Gideon six program massage cushion is compact and quiet, making it a good choice for people who plan on using a massage cushion while they’re at work. The cushion uses massage nodes that run up and down your back while rotating at the same time to produce a massage.
A good thing about this model is that it has a spot focus feature. This feature will allow you to lock the massage nodes in a certain position, so they will massage a certain spot on your back. This is a great feature for people who suffer from back pain, as they can target the painful area directly.
Read more: Gideon GD-MSG-CS2 Massaging Cushion
5. Gideon Shiatsu 3D Deep Kneading Full Back Massage PillowThe Gideon shiatsu massage pillow is compact and highly portable. This unit has a built-in handle, and it only weighs 8 lbs, so you will be able to carry it with ease. The massage pillow uses no less than 14 massage nodes to produce a nice massage experience.
One of the advantages of using this massage pillow is that it’s quiet. This will allow you to use the pillow at work. The pillow also comes with a DC car adapter, so you will be able to use it in vehicles.
Overall, this is a very good massage pillow, and it comes at a decent price as well.
6. Gideon Shiatsu Deep Kneading Massage PillowOne of the advantages of using the Gideon massage pillow is that you can pack it in a backpack or a large purse and take it with you to work. The unit’s portability will allow you to carry it with you wherever you go, and the unit’s size makes it versatile.
Despite its small and compact design, this massage pillow is capable of producing a very rough massage. If you don’t like rough massages, you can simply use a towel as padding between you and the cushion.
Overall, this is a great massage pillow, and it also comes at a very good price.
Read more: Gideon Shiatsu Deep Kneading Massage Pillow
7. Make Lemonade Shiatsu Vibration Rolling Massaging Cushion
The Make Lemonade massage cushion is designed in such a way that it will be able to meet different preferences as it offers 3 massage options- Shiatsu, rolling and vibration. Shiatsu has 4 massage nodes that move up and down your back relieving tense muscle. The rolling massage option will be able to cover the parts that are hard to reach. Vibration option will be beneficial for stimulating muscle and it has 3 intensity settings to choose from.
One unique feature of this cushion is that you can adjust the height and width of the nodes to target the specific pain area. The cushion comes with a detachable neck pillow for better back support and it will fit in most home or office chair. By using the integrated strap, you can prevent the cushion from slipping or sliding.
The heating system of this cushion is such that the seat can be heated independently but the back heat is possible only on vibration mode. All these features are controlled by a remote which is very convenient.
- Triple action
- Adjustable Modes
- Heating feature
- Integrated strap
- Not suitable for car
- Back heating cannot be operated independently
8. Tenker Back and Neck Massaging Cushion
Tenker brings you a massage cushion made from high-quality PU leather with breathable mesh design. It also has a high elastic strap to keep the cushion firmly in any seat. You have 4 massage options which are suitable for all your various needs and desire. The Shiatsu option has 8 kneading massage notes, 4 for neck and the other 4 for the back that moves up and down giving you a relaxing massage.
The rolling option will be beneficial for your neck to relieve those tight muscles. They can turn both clockwise and anti-clockwise depending on your needs. Vibration massage will be very comforting for thighs and hip and you can adjust the intensity level.
It also comes with a heating feature that will give you a soothing experience. The massage cushion runs for 15 minutes and turns off automatically to avoid overheating. The cushion is operated by the corded hand controller and very convenient to use.
- 4 massage options
- Safety switch
- Comfortable fabric
- Apart from the vibration option, the rest massage option doesn‘t have adjustable intensity
9. FITFIRST Neck Back and Shoulders Massage Seat CushionThe FITFIRST massage cushion has a simple yet effective design. This model uses no less than 6 massage nodes to make sure all your back is massaged thoroughly.
One of the advantages of using this massage chair pad is that both the massage nodes in the headrest and those in the backrest move up and down and rotate at the same time. This will produce a nice and relaxing massage experience, and it will relieve the tension in your muscles.
The bottom line is, this model is very good, and it’s well worth its price.
Read more: FITFIRST Massager Seat Cushion
10. Naipo Back Massager Shiatsu Massage CushionThe Naipo massage cushion has a great design, and it uses 8 massage nodes to relieve the tension and aches in your back muscles. The massage cushion has a built-in handle, so you can carry it around with ease, and it also comes with a car adapter, so you’ll be able to use it in vehicles.
One of the advantages of using this massage pillow is its versatility. The unit’s design will allow you to use it for almost every part of your body that needs massaging.
As a bottom line, this is a good massage pillow, and it will deliver surprisingly good massages all over your body.
Guide for Buying A Massage Cushion
Finding the best massage cushion might be more difficult than you think in today’s crowded market. There are a lot of models available, and all of them are advertised as being the best in the market, so there’s no wonder new users feel a little bit confused. To make sure you’re buying the right massage chair pad, you should look for the following features.
What To Look For When Buying a Chair Massage Pad
- Number Of Massage Nodes –
The massage nodes are the working components of the massage cushion. They’re the ones that massage your back, so it might be better to have more of them. Depending on the size and design of the massage cushion, you can find models that use anywhere between 4 – 14 massage nodes.
- Massage Nodes Movement –
Not only the number of the massage nodes matters, but the way they move is also important. Massage nodes can move up and down the backrest, or they can be locked in place and rotate clockwise or counterclockwise. Some of the best models use massage nodes that can move up and down and rotate at the same time. This complex movement will produce a good massage experience.
The distribution of the massage nodes is also important. Some massage chair pads have 2 – 4 massage nodes in the backrest and 2 – 4 nodes in the headrest. The ones in the backrest move up and down to massage your entire back, and the ones in the headrest massage your neck from different angles.
If a massage cushion has fixed massage nodes, they will rotate to simulate the hand movement for a professional masseuse. The massage nodes can rotate clockwise or counterclockwise, and the direction of their rotation can either be changed manually or automatically, depending on the cushion model.
- Heated Massage –
The heated massage feature is a must-have if you’re looking for a comfortable and relaxing massage. This feature spreads warmth across your back and eventually your neck, depending on the cushion model.
- Portability –
One of the advantages of using a massage chair pad or a massage cushion is that you can take it with you at work, or when you’re traveling. Some models are easier to carry than others, and you should look for models that have a good portability if you’re planning on using the massage cushion at work. There are several features that will help you in this regard
- Handles –
Some massage cushions and chair pads have built-in handles that will allow to grab and carry the cushions with ease.
- Weight –
It’s easier to carry a lightweight unit than to carry a heavy one
- Compact Design –
If a massage cushion has a compact design, you will be able to carry it around without problems
- Handles –
- Car Adapter –
Since we started talking about portable units, we couldn’t leave out the car compatibility.
Some massage cushions and chair pads come with cap DC adapters. This will allow you to connect the cushion to the car’s cigarette lighter for power. This is a great feature, as it will allow you to use the massage cushion while you’re in the car. This feature is especially useful for truckers and people who own RVs or who drive over long distances.
Even though this feature allows you to use the massage pads in your vehicle, you shouldn’t use them while you’re driving. Having a massage while you’re driving is dangerous because it can cause a muscle spasm that could possibly lead to an accident.
- Vibration Feature –
Chair pads manufacturers avoid installing massage nodes in the seat because sitting on the nodes could be uncomfortable. To massage your buttocks, thighs, and lower back, they install a vibration feature instead.
The vibration feature does a great job at massaging your lower back and buttocks, and it stimulates your blood circulation, making your muscle relax.
To make sure you’re going to enjoy using the vibration feature, you should try to find a model that comes with an adjustable intensity for this feature. This will allow you greater control over your massage experience.
- Versatility –
Versatility is a very important aspect of a massage cushion and chair pad. In this regard, massage cushions are superior to chair pads, because they can be used in more ways. Chair pads are not very versatile, and you will only be able to use them to massage your back, neck, buttocks, and thighs. On the other hand, some massage cushions can be used to massage your arms, shoulders, neck, back, buttocks, thighs, calves, and feet.
One of the advantages of having a versatile massage chair is that you can use it for multiple purposes, so it will probably bring more benefits to the table.
- Remote Control –
Most chair pads come with remote controls, but not all massage cushions have them. Having a remote control is an advantage because you will be able to control your massage experience easier. You won’t have to distract your attention from what you’re doing to start or stop a massage feature. You can simply use the remote to do it. Since it’s not really useful to turn the chair pads or massage cushions on or off without standing on them, remote controls are not wireless. The remote’s cord length is usually generous, so you won’t have any problems controlling the massage pad, even when you’re laying on it.
- Massage Styles –
Massage cushions and chair pads can simulate different massage techniques. Each technique has its advantages, and it’s usually better to find a unit that can incorporate more massage techniques. This will increase the chances of you finding a massage program you’re actually going to like.
- Massage Speed And Intensity Controls –
It’s always advisable to find a massage pad or cushion that comes with intensity and speed controls. This will allow you more control over the massage experience, and it certainly a benefit. Some people are more sensitive than others, and they don’t like rough massages. Having a way to control the unit’s intensity can be very helpful. On the other hand, people who enjoy rough massages might like to experience a more intense massage. The intensity and speed controls might help them with that.
Most chair pads come with a speed control for the vibration seat. This is a helpful feature because you don’t always want to have the pad’s seat shake and rattle underneath you.
If the massage cushions you like don’t have intensity controls, you can improvise and customize your massage experience.
If you consider the massage too rough, you can use a towel as a padding between you and the chair pad. If you would like a rougher massage, you could lean more against the massage cushion. The closer you come to the massage nodes, the rougher the massage will seem.
- Massage Programs –
Some massage cushions and chair pads come with predefined massage programs. If you want to enjoy a massage, you can simply choose one of the options the cushion offers. Besides the predefined programs, some models also offer a manual program option. This option allows you to create your own massage program, so you can make sure you’ll enjoy it. Some cushion models don’t have predefined programs, but they will allow you to create your own.
- Safety Features –
Most massage cushions and chair pads come with at least an overheating safety. Some models come with double overheating features, but unfortunately, some don’t offer any safety features at all.
Due to their safety features, some cushions will automatically turn off after a certain period of time. This period can vary for every model, but they will be somewhere between 5 – 20 minutes. This feature ensures that the cushion won’t overheat, and it also ensures that the cushion won’t consume a lot of power if you accidentally forget to unplug it.
While most models come with a predefined shut-off period, some of them offer you the possibility to customize the length of this period.
What Each Type Of Massage Cushion Offers
There are multiple types of massage cushions, and each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. In the following section, we take a look at what each of these cushions has to offer.
Vibratory Massage Cushions
A vibration massage involves shaking and jostling movements. A massage therapist would give you a vibration massage using the palm or the heel of the hand along with the fingertips of both hands. The electronic vibration massage is produced with the help of a motor, and most massage chair pads offer it.
Vibration massage has different effects on your body, depending on the pressure and speed applied. Slower and lighter movements soothe your body while firm and quick ones stimulate it. Vibrations are more effective than the simple strokes of a casual massage. They stimulate your nervous system and provide pain relief.
Vibration massage has the following benefits
- Reduces back pain – The vibration massage stimulates the release of endorphins and other pain-reducing chemicals in your body. Experts often recommend this massage instead of drugs because it provides more pain relief than chiropractic care and acupuncture.
- Relaxes the muscle spasms
- Numbs the affected area, dulling the pain
- Stimulates the production of dopamine and serotonin – these are the “feel-good” hormones produced by your body. Vibration massage stimulates the production of these hormones by relaxing your body. The release of these hormones will help with reducing anxiety and depression, and it will help people who suffer from chronic pain.
- Stimulates your sensory nerves, producing a pleasant tingling sensation.
- Increases blood and lymphatic flow, facilitating the arrival of more nutrients to the muscles.
- This will aid healing and it will remove the toxins such as lactic acid that produce the pain
- Improves your posture as a result of relaxing your aching muscles
- Improves your sleep as a result of relaxing your muscles.
Despite its multiple benefits, vibration massage is not recommended for pregnant women.
Shiatsu Massage Cushions
Shiatsu literally means finger pressure. This massage technique is a traditional form of Japanese massage.
Shiatsu massages involve more finger pressure that should stimulate different energies in your body. This technique focuses on the body’s energy circulation. A masseur would use thumbs, fingers, elbows, and even knees and feet to perform this massage. The massage cushion will use the rotating massage nodes instead.
Shiatsu massage offers the following benefits
- Will reduce stress and improve your well-being
- It has preventative and remedial effects
- Can be used as a treatment for musculoskeletal problems, internal diseases, and emotional conditions.
- Can help with digestion
- Reduces muscle stiffness and pain. The simulated finger pressure will help the muscles release the tension they accumulate
- It stimulates the skin and improves the blood circulation at the skin’s surface.
- It stimulates the sebaceous glands in secreting more sebum. This will improve your skin’s natural moisture and make it softer.
- It gives the skin a young and healthy look, keeping wrinkles at bay
- It influences your nervous system positively
- Can treat chronic conditions such as neck and joint pains, backaches, sciatica, fatigue, headache, insomnia, anxiety, and stress.
- It can restore the body’s circulating energy
- It improves the blood circulation
- Reduces stress and tension.
- Helps with relieving arthritic pain
- Helps with colds and sinus problems
- Helps with injury recovery
- Help to relieve constipation when applied on the abdomen.
- Can reduce morning sickness and limb swelling due to pregnancy
Pregnant women should consult with a doctor before using a shiatsu massage cushion.
Heated Massage Cushions
Heated massages have multiple benefits. A masseur might use heated stones to produce a similar effect to the one produced by a heated massager, or he or she might rub medicinal alcohol on your back, which would have similar results.
Heated massages offer the following benefits
- Relaxes your muscles. The warmth disperses along your back and it targets key muscle groups near your spine, making them relax. You can also put the heating elements directly over your aching areas to target the specifically
- Improves blood circulation. Heated massages are very effective at increasing your blood flow which will be beneficial for people who suffer from circulation issues.
- Helps with relieving arthritic pain. Heated massages are one of the most effective pain relief treatments for people who suffer from stiff joints and inflammation. The heated massage will penetrate deep into your body and stimulate your blood flow.
- Enhances your immune system through the blood flow stimulation
- Helps with the management of anxiety and depression
- Improves blood pressure
- Helps with injury recovery
- Decreases muscle stiffness
- Helps with relieving symptoms of autoimmune diseases
- Helps with promoting sleep and treating anxiety
- Improves muscle flexibility
- Helps with dealing with rheumatoid arthritis
- Improves stamina and decreases fatigue
Rolling Massage Cushions
The rolling massage involves lifting and rolling the skin between the masseuse’s fingers and thumbs. Massage cushions simulate this movement with the help of the massage nodes. The machine will move the massage nodes up and down your back, relaxing your muscles.
Here are some of the benefits of the rolling massage technique
- Treats muscular tension. This massage technique is very effective at relaxing your muscles and relieving their tension
- Improves blood circulation
- Stimulates the blood circulation beneath your skin
- Loosens the skin, making it appear younger and healthier
- Helps with injury recovery
- Helps to relieve back pain
- Helps with managing chronic pain
- Helps with dealing with arthritis
- Improves your well-being
- Helps with treating insomnia
- Relaxes muscle spams
Kneading Massage Cushions
Kneading consists of an intermittent compression and squeezing, either by grasping the tissue or compressing it against underlying bone structures. A masseur would compress the tissue using the surface of his hand. This movement is simulated in massage cushions by massage nodes.
Here are some of the benefits kneading massage cushions offer
- Stimulates the nerves
- Helps with pain relief
- Increases muscle flexibility
- Treats tight muscles
- Improves blood circulation
- Removes toxins from your muscles
- Promotes muscle relaxation
- Removes connective tissue adhesion
- Helps with treating swelling
- Helps with injury recovery
- Stimulates muscle growth
- Helps with dealing with anxiety and depression
- Helps with treating arthritis
- Stimulates blood circulation at the skin’s surface
- Improves blood pressure
Health Benefits of A Massage Cushion
As you could see, massage cushions offer multiple health benefits. But let’s take a look at how a massage cushion will help you when you place it on different parts of your body.
Massage Cushion For Your Back
One of the first things you’ll notice if you use a massage cushion on your back will be a loosening of your muscles. The massage cushion will either move the massage nodes up and down your back, or it will make the massage nodes rotate on the same spot.
One of the advantages of using a massage cushion to massage your back is that it will provide a deep-tissue massage. This type of massage is better and more efficient than a surface massage, and it will help you lose the tension in your muscles and improve your blood circulation.
Thanks to the increased blood flow, more oxygen will reach your muscles and more toxins such as lactic acid will be carried away from them. This will lower the chances of your muscles experiencing spams, and it will relax them.
Another advantage of using these cushions on your back is that they work by relaxing groups of muscles near your spine. Being more relaxed, these muscles will loosen their grip on your vertebrae, and your posture will improve.
The massage cushions work your muscles, and they will stimulate your muscle recovery. This is a very good feature, and it will prove especially useful for athletes and people who want to rely on massage to speed up their muscle recovery.
The increased blood flow will also bring more anti-inflammatory chemicals to your muscles and joints, so the massage will help you deal with inflammation, pains, and aches. This can be very helpful for people who suffer from arthritis, and those who suffer from back pains.
Most massage cushions come with a heated massage feature. This feature will help you loosen the knots in your muscles, and it will also help your muscles to relax. As the warmth spreads along your back, the pleasant sensation will also make your brain relax and release endorphins. Not only will these substances help you deal with pain, but they will also improve your mood.
Massage Cushion For Your Shoulders And Neck
A lot of people nowadays spend most of their time sitting in front of a desk or in a car seat. One of the problems with sitting for a long time is that a lot of tension accumulates in your shoulders and neck area.
One of the advantages of using a massage cushion for your neck and shoulders is that it will help you relieve the tension accumulated in your muscles. This will make you feel better, and it can also improve your posture. A lot of people change their posture without even realizing when they’re in pain. Getting rid of the pain can make them improve their posture without even knowing.
Another advantage of using a massage cushion on your neck is that it will work your muscles from different angles. When you or someone without professional training rub the muscles in your neck, you tend to rub them in a single direction. The massage nodes approach your neck from different angles, and they will change their rotation direction to work your muscles in different ways.
Using a massage cushion for your neck and shoulders will increase the local blood circulation. Thanks to the increased blood flow, more oxygen and nutrients will reach your muscles so they will release the accumulated tension and get rid of the lactic acid they produce. The blood flow increase also brings more anti-inflammatory substances near your joints, which can be particularly helpful for people who suffer from painful or frozen shoulders. This can also be helpful for people who suffer from arthritis.
Having a neck massage is also enjoyable and relaxing. A single 15-minute massage session can make you feel more relaxed and it can increase your energy levels. This can be useful if you plan on using the massage cushion while you’re at work, as it can increase your focus and motivation, which can lead to an increase of your productivity.
Massage Cushion For Your Lower Body
One of the most frequent things you hear people complain about is their lower back pains. Whether your job involves a lot of sitting or a lot of standing, your lower back is one of the first to suffer. Using a massage cushion can help you deal with that pain, and in some cases, it can make it disappear altogether.
Most chair pads manufacturers avoid installing massage nodes in the seats of their products because they might be uncomfortable. If the chair pad has rolling massage nodes, they will reach and massage your lower back. Some models use fixed massage nodes that target your lower back specifically, while others will use the seat’s vibration function to massage this part of your body.
When the vibration function is used to massage your lower back, buttocks, and thighs, it will stimulate the local blood circulation. The increased blood flow will bring more oxygen and nutrients to your muscles, and it will take away more toxins. This will help with relaxing your muscles and lowering the chances of them spamming.
The increased blood flow will also bring more anti-inflammatory cells to your joints, so it will help with managing hip pains and aches. This can be particularly helpful for old people and those who suffer from arthritis.
This vibration massage will also help loosen your lower back muscles, reducing and sometimes eliminating their aches altogether. Thankfully, the vibration intensity is usually adjustable so you won’t have to experience the shaking and rattling every time you use the massage cushion.
Massage Cushion For Treatment Of Health Conditions
Massage cushions can be used by those who suffer from certain medical conditions. Using a massage cushion can not only relieve pain, but it can also lower stress and cortisol levels. Let’s take a look at how massage cushions can help with different medical conditions
- Spondylosis –
Using a massage cushion when you suffer from spondylosis can help to relieve the pain. The massage cushion relieves some of the pain you feel when suffering from this medical condition by stimulating acupuncture points that will reduce the pressure on your spine. Using different massage techniques such as kneading or shiatsu, the massage cushion will help with solidifying your spine and it helps with treating this condition effectively
- Vascular Disease –
One of the advantages of using a massage cushion is that it stimulates your blood circulation. Massage cushions perform a deep-tissue massage that will stimulate both your surface and depth blood vessels. This will help with dealing with vascular disease
- Severe Back Pain –
Using a massage cushion can help with reducing chronic back pains. The massage cushion manages to alleviate your back pains in several ways. Firstly, the cushion will enhance the flow of energy in your back. This will help your muscles relax. The cushion will then stimulate your blood circulation. The increased blood flow brings more oxygen to your muscles and takes away the toxins the muscles produce. Thanks to the muscle relaxation and the low toxins levels, the brain will release more endorphins in your body, which will increase your comfort and enhance your relaxation. The endorphin release will significantly improve your back pain. Don’t forget to check out these tips for relieving your lower back pain.
Benefits Of Having A Massage Cushion
Massage cushions are not the only devices you can use to get a massage, but they’re definitely some of the best options out there. Here’s how they compare to other massage tools.
- Affordable –
Massage cushions and chair pads come at an affordable price. You won’t have to spend thousands of dollars on one unit like you would on a massage chair. In fact, massage cushions can actually be a good investment if you think about it. Instead of spending money in massage parlors, you can buy a massage cushion and get a massage whenever you want.
- Compact –
Massage cushions and chair pads don’t take up too much space. They won’t take up half the space in your living room. A chair pad is roughly the size of a chair’s seat and backrest, and massage cushions can be even smaller.
Some massage cushions are small enough to carry in a backpack or a large purse. This will allow you to store them with ease.
- Versatile –
Massage cushions are versatile. Sure, you can use them to massage your shoulders and neck, but you will be able to use them on other parts of your body as well. You just have to place the cushion on an even surface and lean in against it to get a massage. Whether you lean in with your arms front or your knees, it doesn’t really matter. The massage pillow will produce a comfortable massage either way.
One of the massage cushions’ uses people sometimes forget about their ability to provide foot massages. You can simply place the massage cushion on the floor and put your feet on it. The massage will be comfortable and relaxing. If you think the massage is too strong for your sensitive feet, you can simply use a towel as padding between your feet and the cushion.
- Portable –
Massage cushions are portable. Really portable. It’s true that some massage chairs are also portable, but it’s one thing to push a 200 lbs massage chair from one room to another, and another to put the massage cushion in a bag and take it with you when you leave for work.
Massage cushions manufacturers build their models with portability in mind. Some models can be folded to take up less space, while others have a small and compact design. Many models come with built-in handles for a better manipulation.
The increased portability of massage cushions will allow you to take them with you wherever you go. You can take them to work if you want to relax on your lunch break, and you can take them with you when you’re traveling.
- Car Compatible –
Many massage cushions come with car adapters, so you can connect them to your car’s cigarette lighter. This is a great feature, and it’s especially useful for people who spend a lot of time in their car, or for truckers and those who drive RVs or trailers.
Even though massage cushions can be used in cars, you shouldn’t use them while driving. The massage could produce a spasm in your muscles that can have dangerous consequences.
- Convenient –
Massage cushions offer a convenient way to get a massage. You can use them at night or during the day, and you can get a massage where you want, whether it’s in front of the TV or outside by the pool where it’s warm and sunny. These units are lightweight, so moving them from one place to another isn’t a bother.
- Quiet –
Massage chairs are great, but most of them produce a loud noise when they’re working. Unlike them, massage cushions are silent. In fact, some units are so silent most people won’t even notice they’re working in an office environment. This makes them perfect for people who want to enjoy a discreet massage while they’re at work.
This is also a helpful feature for those who want to do something else while they’re getting a massage, such as watching TV or talking on the phone.
- Safe –
Most massage cushions come with safety features. These features are very efficient, and they won’t let the cushions overheat, prolonging their use. The safety features are also a useful way to make sure the massage cushions don’t consume electricity if you forget to turn them off after using them.
Tips On Using Massage Cushions
Massage cushions are pretty simple to use, but you should always make sure you use them safely.
- Choose A Good Position – Depending on the model you’re going for, you might have to use it on an even surface or secure it with a strap to make sure it has the optimal conditions to work. However, most models don’t need a strap so you’ll have to make sure you place them in a secure position from which they won’t slip and fall as they vibrate.
- Don’t Overuse Them – Massage cushions come with predefined or customizable massage programs that can last for as long as 20 minutes. After a massage program finishes, the cushion automatically turns off. If you want to enjoy a longer massage, you can simply restart the unit and benefit from another program.
However, you should be careful not to overuse the massage cushion. Most models are not designed to work for a very long time, and they might overheat over time. Once they overheat, safety features won’t allow them to start working until they cool down. To make sure you will be able to use the massage cushions for a long time, let them rest after one or two massage programs.
- Clean Them – A massage session works your muscles and it can even work up a sweat once in a while. To make sure you can use the massage cushion in optimal conditions, you should clean it once in a while.
Cleaning the massage cushion is not very difficult, and it doesn’t take long either. You should use only water and a mild detergent to clean the massage cushion. You should avoid powerful detergents because they can harm the cushion’s upholstery. Make sure the cushion is not plugged in when you start cleaning it.
After cleaning the cushion with water and a mild detergent, wipe it down using a dry cloth. Don’t let the water drip over the unit’s control panel or next to the power cord.
- Store Them Properly – You should be careful to store the massage cushions in an upright or in a laying position. Storing them in weird positions over a long time can lead to a deterioration of the unit’s motors and massage nodes. You should also make sure you don’t place a lot of weight on the massage cushions when you store them because this might lead to a deterioration of the massage nodes.
Best Massage Cushion Comparison Chart
|PRODUCT||PRICE||DIMENSIONS||NET WEIGHT||VOLTAGE||CAR ADAPTER||POWER CONSUMPTION|
|NEW Casada QUATTROMED III with JADE stone and Heating||$$$$$||72 x 42 x 8 cm||7.8 kg||100 - 240V||Yes||42W Max|
|FITFIRST Massager Cushion Neck Back and Shoulders Massage Seat Cushion||$$$$||74.5 x 39 x 9 cm||2.55 kg||100 - 240V||Yes||42W Max|
|Zyllion ZMA14 Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager Cushion||$$$||30 x 16.5 x 7.9 inches||15.5 lbs.||100 - 240V||No||42W Max|
|Nursal Back Massager Shiatsu Massage Seat Cushion||$$$||31.5 x 17 x 6.4 inches||13.65 lbs.||100 - 120 V||Yes||45W Max|
|Gideon Luxury Six-Program Customizable Massaging Cushion||$$||25.2 x 17.5 x 5.75 inches||11.4 lbs.||110 V||No||42W Max|
|Gideon Shiatsu 3D Deep Kneading Full Back Massage Pillow||$$||2 Ft. Height x 1.4 Ft. Width||8 lbs||110 V||Yes||42W Max|
|Naipo Back Massager Shiatsu Massage Cushion||$||14.2 x 13.2 x 5.7 inches||4.4 pounds||120v||Yes||42W Max|
|Gideon Shiatsu Deep Kneading Massage Pillow||$||13” W x 7” H||3.9 pounds||100-240V||Yes||42W Max|
We’re convinced that after reading the massage chair pad reviews and the buying guide we prepared, you can now determine which model would be the best one for your use.
As you could see in our massage cushion reviews, there are a lot of similar models that offer different features, so it’s important to know what each model is capable of doing before buying it.
Keep in mind that finding the best massage cushion is not about finding the most expensive item on the list. You should try to find a model that incorporates more features you believe would be useful. This will increase the chances that the model you end up buying to be helpful for your specific problems.